- Professional Malpractice
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment and Labor
Practice Admissions: All courts in the state of California, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California.
Mr. Ignatuk is a member of the firm's Litigation Department and a resident in the Irvine office. Mr. Ignatuk has over 32 years of experience handling litigation that includes real estate, employment, legal malpractice, trade secrets and unfair competition litigation. Mr. Ignatuk also maintains an active insurance practice representing policyholders of life, health, directors and officers, and workers' compensation policies. He also represents bankruptcy trustees and creditors' committees in actions against present and former officers and directors of insolvent corporations. Mr. Ignatuk maintains an appellate practice in both state and federal courts. Mr. Ignatuk has tried numerous cases to successful conclusion and also has extensive mediation and arbitration experience. Before joining the firm in 2000, Mr. Ignatuk was a partner with a Los Angeles-based firm where he represented many of the largest insurers in first-party bad-faith actions. He also prosecuted and defended complex business litigation actions, including trade secrets, breach of contract, business torts, and real estate disputes.
Mr. Ignatuk graduated from the Pennsylvania State University in 1986 with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology. He graduated from Loyola University Law School, Los Angeles, in 1990, and was inducted into the Order of the Coif for outstanding attainments in the study of law.
Active in the professional community, Mr. Ignatuk has served as a panelist in seminars related to various insurance issues. Mr. Ignatuk is active in his local community and participates in local charity and school events on a regular basis.
- Successfully defended the former CEO of an electronics company in an action by a Chinese government owned manufacturer alleging damages in the amount of $75 million alleging breach of guaranties and fraud. After five years of litigation the Plaintiff ultimately dismissed the action.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar jury award, including punitive damages, against a national real estate company.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement against the CEO of a former auto parts distributer for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement for a former Chief Financial Officer against a nationally recognized mortgage lender for breach of contract.
- Obtained a seven figure settlement in a bad faith action against a health insurer.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1990
- Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1986