Mr. Jai Kim joined Shulman Bastian Friedman & Bui LLP in October 2019, where he practices in the areas of business transactions, bankruptcy, and litigation. Jai's practice primarily focuses on advising domestic and international business clients in various industries. With the everchanging business landscape, Jai is able to assist the firm's clients using not only his legal knowledge but accounting and tax experiences. Jai is fluent in English and Korean.
Jai's educational and professional background plays a unique role in assisting his clients. His undergraduate degree in Accounting, coupled with studies in taxation and bankruptcy law at the University of Nebraska allowed him to serve his clients as an International Tax Consultant, as a controller and as an in-house counsel. His uncanny ability to understand accounting and tax issues allows Jai to service not only clients' legal needs but accounting and tax needs.
Jai is currently serving as a Judge Advocate Officer for the California Army National Guard as a citizen Soldier and a Lawyer. Jai enjoys running and spending time with his wife and two sons.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Business Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Western District of California
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 2006
- Temple Law School, Tokyo, Japan – 2005
- University of Houston
- B.B.A. in Accounting, International Studies - 2003
- Current Trends in EB-5 Immigration – 2012, 2014 (co-speaker with Yong Jin Lee, Esq. at Logos Professional Law Corporation)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association American Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 82nd Airborne Division Association
- Military Officers Association of America